When is the last time you said “I love you”?
Not to anyone else. When was the last time you said ‘I love me’?
What have you done to show your love for self today?
We’re going to go through a series of questions and I want you to reflect on the answers. I mean really take some time to study you! Take some time to watch the video for specifics.
- How are you caring for yourself today?
- Have you looked at yourself like you look at your crush?
- Did you really look at yourself in the mirror today?
- Did you lotion yourself today?
- Did you take some time to condition your hair? Yes, brother you too!
- Did you clean your space?
- What did you feed yourself today?
- How are you healing yourself?
- Did you right a wrong?
- How are you putting yourself first?
- How are you fighting for you?
- How are you advocating for you?
- What are you going to work on today to make progress towards a goal?
- Do you have a bulletin with your vision boards on there?
- Did you pray today?
- Did you have a moment of solitude? A moment of silence? A moment with only you and God? Your Higher Power?
- Did you you place your hand over your heart to understand your pace today?
- Did you affirm yourself?
- Did you smile?
- Did you hug yourself today?
Questions specifically for sisters
- When’s the last time you admired your natural hair?
- Brothers, did you rub that bald head of yours? I’m serious, rub your fade. Your fro. Those locks. Rub your hair, Rub your fingers through those locs, whatever you got.
- Did you do your hair, even if it’s covered?
- When’s the last time you wore zero make-up and looked at yourself like oh my god!
- Have you talked to your womb today? Pregnant or not?
There are so many other questions that can be added. This is just a start. Watch the video for reflections.
Honestly, I enjoyed recording this video because we are so far from loving ourselves. I hope and pray we get back to internal peace and love.